Who’s it for?
This accredited qualification is suitable for all employees to raise their awareness of the risks of unsafe manual handling practices and for people who may have to carry out manual handling as part of their job, e.g. handling deliveries, parcels and boxes. It is suitable:
- To raise awareness about the importance of safe manual handling
- As an introduction to those starting work that may involve manual handling
- For those returning to work that may involve manual handling
- As safety refresher training
Note: This qualification is a theory based qualification. Learners who need practical training should complete QA Level 2 in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF)
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
QA Level 2 Award in Principals of Manual Handling (RQF)
- Understanding the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health & safety
- Understand the principles associated with manual handling safety
- Understand the types of equipment and test requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Multiple Choice Question Paper
Half day – 0900-1200 – 3 Hours
Accredited QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF)
On completion of a written multiple choice assessment you will receive a Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling – Certificate valid for 3 years. It is recommended that training is refreshed every 3 years.
Manual Handling Investment:
£55 per delegate
In house Group Bookings available we cover ALL of the UK however, Devon/Somerset/Dorset and Cornwall are our key areas.
Please Call 01392 420004 for a quotation.